Was curious, so went looking in the server logs and saw that over 130 people have downloaded this widget.
Wow. I really didn’t think it’d be that popular.
Keep new ideas coming, I’ll try to work on whatever I can. 🙂
As requested, a new version of the Category Replacement Widget with support for drop-down category lists:
Example of it in action:
Category Replacement widget version 0.3
I’ve started work on the telco training guide. I’m mainly putting this information together to train my fiancee, but at the same point, making it publically accessibly for others to use as a reference as well.
Comments are enabled on the main page; I’ll take feedback there and update the sub-pages as appropriate.
The first step is getting a decent glossary up and running, then I’ll do some practical networking examples and move onward.
Some themes, such as Kurtina, use a drop-down archive listing. Since I didn’t find a widget to support this, I tossed together a quick replacement.
Drop-down Archives widget
Rolled out a new version of the Category Replacement Widget plugin.
* Minor code reformatting to my coding standards.
* Added a drop-down control to allow you to sort categories by name (default as in 0.1) or by category ID.
Category Replacement widget 0.2
I officially love the Now Reading plugin, but there are some itches that I need to scratch with it. This is mainly a to-do list for myself, though I will share the modified version (and Rob can feel free to integrate the changes if he wants to, or not, if he doesn’t):
- Add support for books that are not released yet.
- I’ve got the initial setup for this working over on my writing blog.
- I do need to figure out how to change the database structure to support the “unreleased” enum on b_status without making users execute the SQL manually.
- Add new field to the database: b_release. This will track when the book is to be released.
- Add support for updating unreleased books to check for new cover art.
- When adding books:
- Add support for editting the data returned by Amazon before adding it to the database. A lot of the time Amazon post-pends subtitles/series names/etc. to the title of the book that I want to trim. Or screws up the name of the author.
- Add support for setting the status of the book. No sense adding a book then going into the Manage page and marking it unreleased/currently reading/finished… should be able to do this in one step.
I think that’s the basic run-down of what I want to work on… will let you all know how it goes.
A while back I set up a WordPress blog for my writing, which is over here.
I’ve since gotten involved with a number of plugins and figured that it would be more appropriate to launch a tech-oriented blog as well.
Thanks go to Hakan Aydin for updating the 3cbl theme with support for AutoMattic Widgets.
Now to wrap up some work on the widget plugins that I’ve made and publicize them…